Movies > summer movies 2013
Summer Movies of 2013
Sunny season is just around the corner - for those of us in the northern hemisphere, that is – and so are the summer movies.
Here’s a list of 11 upcoming action movies that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This summer is going to be hot in theaters…
1.Fast & Furious 6
- In this sequel to Fast Five, Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker) and their crew are left with $100 million after a previous heist but, still on the run, they’re unable to return home to their families. Agent Hobbs needs Dom’s team in order to rival an international organization of lethal drivers. In return, Dom’s crew will get full pardon for their past actions. In Fast & Furious 6 director Justin Lin has taken the action, stunts and narrative to a whole new level.
-“We are The East. We don’t care how rich you are. We want all those who are guilty to experience the terror of their crimes…”
Ex-FBI agent Sarah Moss (Brit Marling) goes undercover to infiltrate elusive anarchist group The East, whose main target is corporations guilty of covering up criminal activity. As Sarah gets deeply involved with the group she falls in love with anarchist Benji and faces moral contradictions in her own life.
3.Man of Steel
-“In time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders…”
Zack Snyder (300, Watchmen) has directed this latest Superman film. Going back to the origins of the DC Comics superhero, Man of Steel tells the story of a young boy who discovers that he has supernatural powers. He goes on a journey to find out where he came from but he must unleash the hero within him to save mankind. Starring Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe, this movie can be enjoyed by Superman fans and ordinary people alike.
4.World War Z
- A zombie pandemic takes over the globe, and United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt) is called to the rescue. Leaving his family behind, Lane traverses the world, racing against time, in attempt to save humanity from extinction. Based on a book by Max Brooks and directed by Marc Foster, World War Z is an apocalyptic horror film packed with action. Not for the faint of heart…
5.The Lone Ranger
-“If we ride together, we ride for justice…”
First appeared in an American radio show back in 1933, the Lone Ranger has become an enduring icon of American culture. Now the team behind Pirates of the Caribbean, producer Jerry Bruckheimer and director Gore Verbinski, are bringing the legendary Old West masked hero to life through new eyes, using humor and friction. Starring Armie Hammer in the title role and Johnnie Depp as Tonto, The Lone Ranger tells the tale of John Reid, a man of the law, and his transformation into a legend of justice, fighting against greed and corruption.
- A sequel to the 2010 action-comedy hit RED, RED 2 sees retired black-ops agent Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) reuniting his team of elite fighters. The current mission: To track down a missing portable nuclear device. Starring John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Lee Byung-hun, Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren, this high octane film will take you to Paris, London and Moscow.
- If you’re a fan of the X-men movies, you’ll be in for a treat! Two years in the making, Wolverine takes the most iconic character of the X-men universe to modern day Japan. With so many deadly enemies to confront, it’s hard to know who to trust any longer. But Wolverine also has an internal war to fight, struggling with his own immortality. Starring Hugh Jackman, the latest installment of the X-men series is also the most action peaked. Focusing on Wolverine’s character, it brings a fresh perspective to the movie.
8.300: Rise of an Empire
- The year is 480 BC. The Persian forces, led by king Xerxes I of Persia (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemisia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy, march towards the major Greek city states. First in line is Athens. Heavily outnumbered in ships, admiral Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all Greece in a naval engagement that will change the course of the war. The backstory of Xerxes and how he became the God King will also be covered. 300: Rise of an Empire is a follow-up to Zack Snyder’s 300.
- Moving into Canada at 18, after growing up in Apartheid South Africa, District 9 director Neill Blomkamp witnessed the polarities of the Third vs. First World. In Elysium, Blomkamp takes this reality to the most logical extreme. In the year 2154 the wealthy live on a state of the art man-made space station called Elysium while the rest live on a ruined planet: Earth has gone completely Third World where crime, war and poverty are rampant. His life at stake, Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary man on Earth is on a dangerous, urgent mission to get to Elysium. Should he succeed, he could save millions of other people on Earth as well.
- Highschool hero Kick-Ass returns, inspiring a group of self made masked crusaders. As Hit-Girl Mindy is forced to retire, Kick-Ass joins Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey) and his team, in attempt to bring down supervillain Red Mist, reborn as The Mother F****r. Based on a comic book of the same name and Hit-Girl (both by Mark Millar and John Romiota, Jr.), Kick-Ass 2 is a sequel to the 2010 action comedy film Kick-Ass.
|Must-have Video Software to Organize Your MKV M2TS AVCHD AVI MP4 YouTube Videos
you can use WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe to download them from youtube and convert them to your PC or portable devices