Rip classic war movie DVD We Were Soldiers
In a place soon to be known as The Valley of Death, in a football field-sized clearing called landing zone X-Ray, Lt. Colonel Hal Moore and 400 young troopers from the elite newly formed American 7th "Air" Cavalry, were surrounded by 2,000 North Vietnamese soldiers dug into the tunnel warren mountainside. The ensuing battle was one of the most savage in U.S. history and is portrayed here as the signal encounter between the American and North Vietnamese armies. We Were Soldiers Once... And Young is a tribute to the nobility of those men under fire, their common acts of uncommon valor, and their loyalty to and love for one another.
Mel Gibson Madeleine Stowe Greg Kinnear Sam Elliott Chris Klein Keri Russell Barry Pepper Duong Don Ryan Hurst Robert Bagnell
1. Didn't like the cast but it was still a great movie nonetheless. This is essentially the first battle of US vs the NVA and the actual events of this battle is gruesome as the film portrays although it may have been dramatized a bit to instigate emotional sentiment (like Jimmy Nakayama's baby being born that day but it's actually born that week; just minor things like that).Vietnam War was really horrifying primarily because of exactly what they showed with this Air Cav unit. You jump out of the helo and you're under heavy fire from all direction with basically no cover. You're only hope is to rely on air support and artillery but as they showed misfire and friendly fire was fairly rampant because of the unrelenting attack from the NVA. This movie does a very good job showing this. However, this is only a fraction of the type of warfare that happened in Vietnam.
2. The movie was almost overwhelmingly graphical, but afterwards I realized this was instrumental in the telling of the story. For the movie is truly about the leadership that Col. Moore brought to his men of the 1st of the 7th, and his determination that they would not suffer the fate of the French in Viet Nam, nor his own units most infamous battle, that of Custers Stand at Little Big Horn. The two most significant scenes in the movie for me were firstly, the scene when the course of the battle teeters on the brink of either disaster or success and the most important communication that Col. Moore's superiors have to convey is that General Westmoreland would like for him to leave the battlefield and fly to Saigon so the general can have a briefing. This more than anything pointed out how tragically we were doomed to failure in Viet Nam due to the political will, not the military will, being in control. The second most significant scene was in the airport where one soldier is pushing his buddy through the concourse and the voice over says...They did not fight for God.....country.....right. They fought for each other, a fact that every Viet Nam vet would attest to. This is among the best war films in recent memory and probably the best film on the Vietnam War. A++ walt556
3. The N/Fx review is insulting and rather cavalier towards this story. Most of the US soldiers were drafted and the VC were fighting for their country. Army "Dogface" did you see too many Mash episodes? I guess it's all the rage to make light of a very complex and destructive war which claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese people and over fifty five thousand American/Canadian soldiers. This is a great movie and vividly portrays the intensity of close combat and the terrible cost exacted from the families on a small US Army base who did not see their men come home alive. Imagine that a Taxi driver has just informed you that your husband has been killed in combat. Can you ?
4. shocking. people whom are stuck in their own thoughtless lives should see this. excellent direction. Give this film a chance so you can see the value of life.
5. This movie is loosely based on actual events and was intended to entertain and enlighten. Apparently, Mr. ROCCHI (or whatever) completely missed the point. War IS bad. Dying Americans IS bad. This movie does extactly what it was intended to do.......it entertains. Mr. ROCCHI is obviously from the Jane Fonda school of American Soldier Bashing.
Rip DVD We Were Soldiers to all kinds of Portable Devices
Becoming an addict of Tv program, you may buy We Were Soldiers Digital video disks to actually won't miss any episodes and interrupted with ads. Get ready to enjoy your chosen seasons or episodes for several occasions too. Sometimes, you'd like to use mobiles (apple apple iphone, iPad, Android cell phones/pills) to see We Were Soldiers because you can watch on the move and kill boring occasions on bus, train or plane. Also, the top-resolution shows, like Apple retina would bring an excellent visual effect when playing videos.
However, if you want to experience DVD We Were Soldiers, you need to rip DVD to MP4, H264 or other formats portable items supported. And here, I'll introduce the most effective treatment for rip DVD The Vampire Journals to portable items getting a effective
Wei-soft.com WinX DVD Ripper Platinum 7.5.5 is specially designed for ripping DVDs (even encrypted) to a wide range of video formats, MPEG, AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV,MKV etc, for playback on PC or mobile devices, like iPhone, iPad, ipad mini, iphone 6 ,Samsung Galaxy S5. It also enables you to adjust parameters, bitrate, resolution, ratio aspect etc, and edit DVDs by cropping, trimming and adding subtitles. Want to know " How to convert TV Show or episodic DVD to other formats "
you may also want to know how to convert movie groods to harddisk